This content was originally intended for recruiters in my LinkedIn profile – About section.
Positive influencer, I’m someone with lot of curiosity and passion, a hacker/troubleshooter, a supporter of continuous improvement and cross-team collaboration. As an automation advocate, I tend to use my skills for improving CI/CD related activities. I’m always glad to bring help in other areas as well, as I keep the big picture in mind.
I automate all my recurrent tasks, and love to help people and share knowledge (I advocate/contribute to updated and readable documentation).
I like to dig into bugs and complex issues, unknown and obscure areas and discover new ways of solving problems. I take most of my inspiration from existing solutions and best practices (YAGNI, DRY, KISS, SRP, …).
If something has to be done, I’ll try to do it right, with this in mind I advocate slow programming movement, which has nothing to do with speed but rather is about quality and maintenance 🙂 . I’m picky and I like order, structure, and pay attention to details in everything. Because maintenance is most of the work we do and we need to optimize for this activity
Read also : About me
- I work as employee, not freelance/contractor (too much hassle/stress).
- I miss programming : Golang, Rust, Elixir, Clojure, Haskell, Erlang, Python, Kotlin, VueJS/ReactJS, functional programming, … are examples of what grasp my interest 🙂 (not Java)
- No more DevOps/Cloud/Infra Engineer roles please. I prefer Full Stack or Backend Engineer roles.
- My resume (pdf) is available, so please don’t ask for it 🙂 I’m generally not answering calls prior to getting a job description first, but I’ll always answer via email/message.
- I aim for simplicity, quality, purpose in my tasks and in solutions design. Let’s use simple tools that make sense; Kubernetes is not the silver bullet ;-p
- Don’t send me technology-specific roles (I’m a jack of all trades), also I prefer to work with open source solutions.
- In case of on-site jobs, I aim jobs in Anderlecht or close to Brussels center. In case of remote jobs, it’s best if there is a budget for co-working space. Meeting people matters to me 🙂
- As a parent, I aim for work-life balance, not to commute long/far/often.
- I have a preference for companies whose mission matches some of my interests/hobbies, i.e AI / Machine learning, Leisure / Games, Game Development, Genetics / Health, Beer/Coffee, Gastronomy, Education, Environment, Robotics, Security, Craft, Creativity, Children, Communities of passions.
- I only respond to personalised invitations 🙂